Goals for January through April.

Well this is my last semester in art school. I have a big performative project that I am working on. For the purpose of my independent study I will be constructing 2 nice costumes and a few artifacts. The costumes are kind of elaborate so I'm going to break each one down into parts, so I can blog about their creation. Later I will update this blog post with links the working posts. With out further ado...

click to see larger viewThe Glamazon Costume
-Wig with Battle Tiarra
-Make Up Design
-Shall
-Bird Bra
-Corset
-Gauntlets
-Panties
-Boots
The Bear Costume
-Bear Mask
-Teeth
-Hairs Sleeves
-Nipple Pastes
-Underwear with Tail and Penis.
-Skirt/Wrap
-Leggings
-Bear Feet

click to see larger view

Thursday, December 10, 2009

SCIENCE!

My brother gave me the audio book version of Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything. I like audio books as I an listen to them while drawing or animating or what ever. The book tells us a brief history of scientific discoveries and their significance. It really got me thinking about science, which was helpful when I was working on "Robot Boi and the Amazing Plant People" a queer scifi movie I was editing.

Speaking of Science, this book Monster's by Ken Dahl, taught me a bit about biology. Nice work.


I found it in November at the Montreal Expozine. I wasn't sure what it was about but a quick flip through drew my eye to the following image which sold me on the book.


Ken Dahl was even there to sign the book for me, and drew a little picture. When he stared drawing the hat, I thought he was drawing a bird. But then he drew the rest of the body, and then at the end he drew a bird sitting on the hat. When I told him I was thinking of birds he hinted at some latent psychic abilities...

As it turns out the book is a narrative about dealing with herpes. It's a pretty interesting look at shame and slf hatred, but it has a happy ending. It has some good facts in it about herpes. Also I learned about how cells work and how an infection is created. Ha, and I thought biology was boring. Plus... the art is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment