Goals for January through April.

Well this is my last semester in art school. I have a big performative project that I am working on. For the purpose of my independent study I will be constructing 2 nice costumes and a few artifacts. The costumes are kind of elaborate so I'm going to break each one down into parts, so I can blog about their creation. Later I will update this blog post with links the working posts. With out further ado...

click to see larger viewThe Glamazon Costume
-Wig with Battle Tiarra
-Make Up Design
-Shall
-Bird Bra
-Corset
-Gauntlets
-Panties
-Boots
The Bear Costume
-Bear Mask
-Teeth
-Hairs Sleeves
-Nipple Pastes
-Underwear with Tail and Penis.
-Skirt/Wrap
-Leggings
-Bear Feet

click to see larger view

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

kid Stuff makes me sad.

Every thing I see with children in it lately makes me sad.
Course, I've been seeking it out a bit.
In my telling tales class I had a written about my father's death when I was too young to understand what that was all about. As well as a bit of reflecting on youth for my artist statement. I had kind of a sad childhood in many ways. But all in all I'm a pretty happy person.

Anyway, here's a story that'll make you wanna kill yourself.
Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth, by Chris Ware.


This amazingly illustrated graphic tells of a man-child meets his father for the first time with a parallel story of his grandfather as a boy growing up without a mother.



This panel ends the book. A Superman saves the day. Thank Goodness.



WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE! a film by Spike Jones.

Again, emotionally complex children facing a troubling world. But at least for the most part we get to have some fun in a foreign land. I really enjoyed everything about this film, especially the fact that it was incredibly depressing. Oh Loneliness, even monsters fear you.



I feel like their were other things I wanted to mention, but it slips my mind right now. To remedy my sad child kick, someone suggested I get some positive kid content.

So this weekend while animating I had movies going on in the background: the Princess Bride, Pom Poko, and Ghostbusters. I also listened to a Wizard of Oz Audio book, and I'm excited to read this copy I bought over the winter break.





I originally bought it for my nephew, but he's too young to read.... So I'm gonna wait a year or so to give it too him. In the meantime, I'm gonna get some enjoyment out of it.




As you can see, it has awesome Photo Illustrations by Graham Rawle.


I think its pretty rad. I forgot how much this Oz Cartoon inspired me as a kid.

This show had some sweet transgendered elements, as the young boy Tip is magically transformed into the Princess Ozma. Apparently she had been turned into a boy as a baby to protect her, but then turned back in a pubescent age. Wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment