Goals for January through April.

Well this is my last semester in art school. I have a big performative project that I am working on. For the purpose of my independent study I will be constructing 2 nice costumes and a few artifacts. The costumes are kind of elaborate so I'm going to break each one down into parts, so I can blog about their creation. Later I will update this blog post with links the working posts. With out further ado...

click to see larger viewThe Glamazon Costume
-Wig with Battle Tiarra
-Make Up Design
-Shall
-Bird Bra
-Corset
-Gauntlets
-Panties
-Boots
The Bear Costume
-Bear Mask
-Teeth
-Hairs Sleeves
-Nipple Pastes
-Underwear with Tail and Penis.
-Skirt/Wrap
-Leggings
-Bear Feet

click to see larger view

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What a fall I’ve had!

This is the second year that I went through a gross metamorphosis mid-October. I can actually pinpoint the moment seasonal depression kicked in and bummed me out. It was when I had to ride my bike home from work in a cold rain. I curled up on the sofa and was unreceptive and unproductive for almost a week. Luckily, now that it is December, I have remembered how to survive winters. It’s funny how I forget every year. I love summer.

School - a second layer of difficulties. I had a strong determination in the summer, that this year I was going to make school work for me and my project. For most of September and October I was quite productive on my Polar Bear project (the one this blog is about). I had spent a lot of the month working on my bird. About the same time I got all emotionally S.A.D., I had to switch gears in my studies and put a lot of energy into my other classes. Some of my assignments took far too much of my energy for what little I perceived to be gaining by completing them. Who knew I could get so bitter and whiney, but I displayed a lot agitation this fall. Wow.

I feel a lot better now. Despite that I have not reached certain production goals I had set, I have taken comfort in the realization of how much I’ve learned in the meantime. A lot of my annoyance came from my own uncertainty of an action plan. I wanted to make two costumes, a Bear and an Amazon to use in my video project this semester. I shifted my video energy to edit a Collective Itch project (Robot Boi and the Amazing Plant People) that I had volunteered to edit, but had much apprehension knowing how much work I would need to put into it. But now that I finished it to pleasing results, I know I did the right thing. This Polar Bear project can take as long as it needs too. No need to rush.

Read the following in a faux Jerry Seinfeld voice: What’s the deal with learning? You go to do something… and all of sudden, something else happens to ruin all your plans…. But then you have all this other stuff you never wanted. But now… It shapes your perceptions of reality. It’s Crazy! Am I right? And what’s the deal with those razor disposal slots in airplane washrooms, are there people shaving in there?

THE POINT OF THIS POST: I’ve decided to post a few updates reflecting on the media I have consumed over the past four months. I’ll be posting pictures as well as brief text reflecting on what I have gained on the experiences. The posts will be labeled under Tasty Media, as well as any other appropriate tags. The process of writing for me can be painful at times; so I’m going try to be as quick and concise as possible. So this will be merely a log of items and quick reflections and/or links to my work/thought process.

No comments:

Post a Comment