Goals for January through April.

Well this is my last semester in art school. I have a big performative project that I am working on. For the purpose of my independent study I will be constructing 2 nice costumes and a few artifacts. The costumes are kind of elaborate so I'm going to break each one down into parts, so I can blog about their creation. Later I will update this blog post with links the working posts. With out further ado...

click to see larger viewThe Glamazon Costume
-Wig with Battle Tiarra
-Make Up Design
-Shall
-Bird Bra
-Corset
-Gauntlets
-Panties
-Boots
The Bear Costume
-Bear Mask
-Teeth
-Hairs Sleeves
-Nipple Pastes
-Underwear with Tail and Penis.
-Skirt/Wrap
-Leggings
-Bear Feet

click to see larger view

Monday, October 5, 2009

Sketch Book - Of Birds and Brassiers.

As mentioned earlier, each Glamazon has a bird mounted on their chest. Our main Glamazon has a blue-jay, and for my video project I need to create a Stop-Motion version as well as the mounted version. The following is some sketches on the subject.

Above: An early sketch, problem solving what I need the puppet to do.



Above: 2 key frames on how birds kinda hover... shrug.
Also, the blujay mounted on a very wonder-womany bustier.


Above: The bluejay and potential designs for the lead Glamazon.
Perhaps tha blue hair is over the top...
I am not sure yet how the Glamazon choose their bird spirits...
so maybe it would be bizarre if it was completely reliant on aesthetics.


Above: My original drawing of a Blue-Jay Mounted on my second life size Glamazon.



Above: This full sized Glamazon collage grace my residence door this summer
at the Explore program in La Pocatiere. I chose the blue-jay, cause I had lots of blue paper that I had saved from being dumpstered...coincidentally back at home, I have a bunch of blue felt that I picked up for nuthing at a yard sale... So that's the practical reason that I am making a blue-jay.

I guess I could go further on about the Bluejay being a north american bird, that is relative to canadian identity, partly due to the Toronto Blue Jays. And then never seeing a Blue-jay my entire life, having grown up in Saskatchewan. The Blue-Jay carries this odd exoticism, of a country, my country that is tottally unknown to me. My Grandma had a book on Birds when I was young, that my cousin and I would look at and draw pictures from. My two favorite birds where the Blue Jay and the Cardinals, probably partly due to the baseball teams, despite me never actually liking sports. Now living in Montreal, I occasionally see Cardinals and when I fist saw one I was amazed that they actually exist. Their image was imprinted in my mind only in graphic format, and too see it in 3d real life, was awesome. (Kinda like seeing a great big red maple-leaf my first fall in Montreal) Anyway, I am losing sight of my blog... Blue-jays. I still haven't seen one, except for in photos of taxidermed at the wild-life museum. One day... one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment