Goals for January through April.

Well this is my last semester in art school. I have a big performative project that I am working on. For the purpose of my independent study I will be constructing 2 nice costumes and a few artifacts. The costumes are kind of elaborate so I'm going to break each one down into parts, so I can blog about their creation. Later I will update this blog post with links the working posts. With out further ado...

click to see larger viewThe Glamazon Costume
-Wig with Battle Tiarra
-Make Up Design
-Shall
-Bird Bra
-Corset
-Gauntlets
-Panties
-Boots
The Bear Costume
-Bear Mask
-Teeth
-Hairs Sleeves
-Nipple Pastes
-Underwear with Tail and Penis.
-Skirt/Wrap
-Leggings
-Bear Feet

click to see larger view

Monday, February 8, 2010

Bear Feet

This week end I started and finished my polar bears feet.

Below are some photo references that came in hand (or footy)... actually I pretty much ignored them for the most part... click on them for their source websites.



I started the project by grabbing these pair of shoes from my boot rack. My Wife found them for me on the street two years ago ago and they are pretty nice, but the back have pretty much warn out, so I'm gonna recycle them.


I also found this foam tube material on the street. Cutting them into toe and nail shaped objects I hot glued them on the ends. Also I hot glued white fleece to the soul, I tried to use gorilla glue, but it doesn't seem to work well for fabric and rubber combos... or I'm to impatient to wait for it for dry.

I covered half the toes and the lower half of the shoes with a light fuzzy fabric. Notice how the toes are a bit up turned, this is so I can still wal normal and not fall over during a performance, knock on wood.


I think the rubber material I used on the paw prints is Gortex... but I could be mistaken. Anyway it have good grip to it for sure.

End of day one. Top and bottom of the shoes.
Next Morning I'm back to work.

I didn't take any pictures during this part really. I made this leggings with fun fur and elastic band at the top. There is a bit of Velcro near the heal that opens up so I can slip my shoe on. I then hand sewed the bastards on to my shoes, which was kind of a pain in the ass to tell you the truth. I had to use a cordless drill sometimes to peirce the leather of the shoes, and the fur would occasionally catch it and get all twisted... anyway. It's done.


Actually, it's not done. Once the rest of my costume is more complete I may add the following:
1. kneepads.
2. Sandle straps that tie up the legs.
3. I may trim the hair to shape the legs better.

We'll see.


Side note I have been listening to the Catcher in the Rye audio book. I first read it in high school, almost ten years ago. I still like it. I forgot how much white guilt Holden feels through out the book as he gets depressed ever time he thinks about people less privileged and such. I'm probably projecting, but the boy seems to be pretty queer too, and apparently attracts alot of flitty attention from perverts... I kinda forgot about all that, but I probably was pretty interested in all that in high school too.

No comments:

Post a Comment